Blog Post #11: Bridge to Present (Notre Dame Community)
On your blog, please reflect on the following questions. Remember to include everything stated on the Blog Post Requirements (minimum of 6 sentences per question, at least 1 multimedia item, an explanation of why you chose the multimedia item and full MLA citations)
- What did you find interesting about the history of the Sisters of Notre Dame? (If you were absent that day, please look over the slides on Schoology)
I found that most of the history about the Sisters of Notre Dame to be highly interesting. I learned so much about the history of the expansion of Notre Dame as well as the roots of their existence. I really love history, so to know that our school has such a rich background full of different events and influential people is so interesting. So many women made sacrifices to develop and found schools for students to have a fulfilling educating. This is so inspiring to me knowing that I can be a part of this ongoing history of Notre Dame.
- What is something that you heard from the Alumnae Panel that stuck with you and why?
Something that stuck with me from the Alumnae Panel was the really great advice I got. I also remember the really funny stories from the past of Notre Dame and how our school has developed from different decades. I loved hearing from various age ranges as well as from current Notre Dame teachers. These different perspectives really accentuated the feeling of Community from Notre Dame in so many different ways. Hearing adults being able to relate to us gave me so much hope for the future. I also loved hearing the stories from Aquacades and other funny occurrences such as senior pranks.
- What does it mean to you to be a part of the Notre Dame Community?
I think the Notre Dame Community can be defined in so many different ways. Sisterhood is really integral part of our community. It is shaped through class bonding and having so many events with each other. I feel one with my classmates as well as the rest of the school. I have great relationships with faculty that have prepared me to succeed in the real world. My friends and fellow sisters are amazing people that help me every day. I don't know what my life would be like without them!
- When you leave Notre Dame High School, what do you think are some values that will stay with you?
There are so many values that are given to Notre Dame students. Forever, I will remember the sisterhood I share with my friends. I have learned so much already academically, but I know that I will continue to learn. I have learned skills such as branching out to so many different types of people as well as having the courage to try new things. I can balance my social life with school and remember my true passions in life. I can trust my teachers and develop trusting relationships with them. All of these features will really help me succeed once I have to leave Notre Dame.
I chose this image because I really feel that this event captured the Notre Dame community. As one, we were able to come together and fight for a cause that was for the most part, a large issue to the students.
“Notre Dame High School Empowering Young Women since 1851.” Notre Dame Belmont, www.ndhsb.org/.
Comments
Post a Comment