- Which event that you learned about from the Church History textbook presentations did you find most interesting and why?
I found the presentation on the Inquisitions most interesting because I never knew about the more violent side of the Church. I liked to see how different areas of the faith tackled the heresy issue. What I didn't like was how many responded with abundant violence when it was clearly not how the Bible describes. The officials leaned towards conversion, but most cases were dealt with execution. I just felt that it is important to learn about both the positive and negative parts of the church. By seeing how history has been shaped by the good and bad, it encourages us to grow with that knowledge and learn how to be better Catholics.
- Which person whom you learned about from the Church History textbook presentations did you find most interesting and why?
The most interesting person that I learned about from the Church History textbook was Thomas Aquinas. His work is so descriptive and his intellect really gets through to me. He inspires me to think about the greater world as well as how to grasp the concept of God and the rest of the ideas coming from the Catholic Church. His teachings are interesting and make clear sense to me, and I aspire to write like him. He uses logic and reason to defend the teachings of the Church. His legacy will forever stick in my brain due
- If you end up being known as an influential figure in history, what do you want to be remembered for?
- How have you personally experienced growth (either mentally, emotionally or spiritually) after your own challenges in life?
I've had some issues with growth this year. I have felt really stuck in an endless routine that has really messed up my grades and mental stability. The new year didn't start out great, but this semester is a lot better grade wise and friend wise. I am still struggling with really bad anxiety all the time and depressive episodes that can last weeks. I hope to grow through reaching out for help and getting out of school. In this class, I have grown through being active in learning and being comfortable with the people and the environment.
Thomas Aquinas is an intellectual icon and inspires so many people to discover the greater meaning.
Thomas Aquinas is an intellectual icon and inspires so many people to discover the greater meaning.
“St. Thomas Aquinas Icon.” DeviantArt, theophilia.deviantart.com/art/St-Thomas-Aquinas-icon-351472313.
Comments
Post a Comment