Skip to main content

Blog Post #9

  1. Could you ever see yourself sharing similar messages that your Letter Writer did? Why or why not? How would you share them?

I could definitely see myself sharing similar messages that James did. I appreciate his sense of faith and his morals, and I could explore the ways of his Word. I would first spread the message of helping sinners overcome the darkness in their life. Being able to impact those people like that really interest me. I would share them through social media, speeches, throughout my school, and possibly even creating a life passion for helping people. I love helping those through my writing and the impact I can create through that.


  1. What were some new things that you learned from the Marian apparition projects presented in class (be specific)?

From the Marian apparition projects I listened to, I learned so much about resilience. From each different story, there were both common themes and differentiation. Mary sometimes left them in silence, like the Lady of Knock, or spoke words of guidance, like Our Lady of Fatima. However, the common theme of resilience thoroughly resounded through each of Mary's apparitions. Each time, the gracious and loving Mary would send her love to those she appeared to without fail. She sprung hope in the hearts of each place she came to and was able to reach the minds of people even to do this day. 
  1. How did you see resilience at work within the Marian apparition that you researched?

Within the work I did with the Lady of Knock, I was able to learn so much more about resilience. I was able to learn how Mary gave so much strength to those people in Ireland. Struggling with poverty and helplessness, Mary gave strength and hope for those who were struggling. By being there for those people, Mary inspired those through silence and solidarity. Words aren't always the answer, sometimes the presence is enough. Mary inspires me every day to be a better woman.

  1. Do you see yourself as being resilient? Why or why not?
I do and I do not see myself as resilient. I have faced a lot of challenges and have gotten through them successfully, but I still struggle every day. I give myself challenges to overcome through school work and outside life. I live everyday overcoming challenges that life throws at me, yet I still let some things get me down. I work hard to be stronger than what my struggles are and become as resilient as I can. I continue to live with strength in mind and use my faith to support me.


“Resilience - Motivational Video - Steve Jobs - Tony Robbins - Eric Thomas.” YouTube, YouTube, 9 Dec. 2015, www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJXHWtDY4JQ. - This video centers about resilience and how to grow forward and pull yourself up through trauma. By suffering through weak times, your resilience springs from the pain. 

Comments