- What were new things that you learned about the Beatitudes?
I have always heard about the Beatitudes, but I have never fully delved into learning about them. I learned so much new information regarding each Beatitude and why they were so important. Finer details such as how they were told and why they made such a large impact helped them resonate with me. They are each different and relate to Jesus' teachings in a unique way. They also relate to my personal life and give me helpful guidelines to live my life morally. By learning about this Beatitudes, I can further explore my relationship with Jesus and strengthen my morals.
- Which beatitude resonates with you the most and why?
The Beatitude that resonates most with me is Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. This is really important in my life because those who act on their beliefs really inspire me. Social justice is such an important issue to me personally that I really enjoy this Beatitude and hope to use this more in my life. I love how they will be satisfied because there is nothing better than having what you fight for being resolved or further accomplished. By living out this Beatitude, I am able to see why my personal beliefs can be expressed as well as solved through my faith in Jesus. While all of the other Beatitudes are equally important, this one truly resonates with me.
- What were some things you realized during the class discussion (“speed dating”)?
During the class discussion, I was able to see the diversity on the opinions towards the Beatitudes. The responses to the posed questions varied between each person I was with and truly showed the impact this Beatitudes had on each of us. By doing "speed dating" we could answer quick questions that addressed each of the Beatitudes as well as their separate components. The questions also delved into the deeper meaning that Jesus was trying to convey as well as the real world impacts they have. By talking to so many different people, I can see how each of the Beatitudes resonate differently with them. This is so important because every person is unique and absorbs these in different ways/
- How can you display the beatitudes more in your life?
I can display the Beatitudes more in my life by making it a point to reflect on my decisions as well as decide my actions based on them. By doing this, I can further think about the effect of my actions as well as how I can improve myself. I can set them as a guideline for my life so I can make fewer mistakes and improve my actions. I can also improve my morals and live the best life I can. Finally, I can strengthen my relationship with God and Jesus through these Beatitudes, being that they came directly from Jesus himself. Being this close to Jesus is an experience I want to live through every day, and with this Beatitudes, I can.
http://www.jesuschristsavior.net/Beatitudes.html - This website helped me so much in discovering the Beatitudes as well as furthering my knowledge. They are neatly laid out with pictures and descriptions. It's easy to learn the Beatitudes and inquire further on the depth that each contain.
Comments
Post a Comment