1. What are new things that you learned about prayer from this unit? Be specific.
4. What new things did you take away about yourself from this unit, perhaps from Lectio Divina, the Gratitude class, the meditation, or the movie?
From this unit, this was so much information to take away and implement into my personal life. This unit inspired my to pray more, because recently I have not as much as I did in previous years. It taught me that I need to make time for prayer and to use it as a way to cope with my problems. I also need to work on my gratitude because I live such a fortunate life that I need to remember to be more grateful. The movie also gave me some good morals to focus on because of it's uplifting message and inspiration to have courage. Overall, I learned so much more about prayer and how I can better myself as a human being.
“GUIDED MEDITATION: Ease Anxiety & Worry.” Youtube , 20 Oct. 2015, www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnnS2-8t59c.
I want to use this multimedia as soon as I can to continue the study and practice of meditation. I suffer from daily anxiety and I have a feeling that this could really help me.
This unit was my favorite by far because I love prayer and it is so relevant in my life. I am able to connect with God, Jesus, and Mary on a very personal level which I love. Ever since I was little, I have used prayer to my advantage in order to continue my faith. This unit, I learned some new ways to pray, such as Lectio Divina. I also learned that gratitude is a form of prayer in itself, and it was such an inspiring and fun project to work on. Overall, this unit taught me more than just facts and information, but how to continue my faith in brand new ways that I never thought I could achieve.
2. Can you see yourself implementing any new prayer practices?
I can definitely see myself implementing prayer practices such as meditation and gratitude. Meditation was such a special experience for me because I have been practicing for such a long time. In grade school, my religion class introduced us and it's a way for me to de-stress as well as focus on God and my faith. Meditation is a unique way to pray as well as helps your inner thoughts, actions, and decision. Gratitude in prayer helped me immensely this unit because it helped me to remember to give thanks throughout my week. I love both of these prayer examples so much and I have already begun to use them in my life.
3. What were the main messages you got from the movie The Case for Christ?
In the movie The Case for Christ, there were so many lessons I learned from watching it. I learned that faith is perseverance through even the toughest moments of your life. When the couple's marriage was struggling, the wife turned to God and He helped her husband see in His light. Faith is also about believing, and although you can't touch or see God, you must have faith that he is within you. What the husband didn't understand was that, but once he came to terms and sacrificed for his wife's happiness, their relationship soared. The Case for Christ was an amazing movie with so many different points about religion, love, faith, and courage.
From this unit, this was so much information to take away and implement into my personal life. This unit inspired my to pray more, because recently I have not as much as I did in previous years. It taught me that I need to make time for prayer and to use it as a way to cope with my problems. I also need to work on my gratitude because I live such a fortunate life that I need to remember to be more grateful. The movie also gave me some good morals to focus on because of it's uplifting message and inspiration to have courage. Overall, I learned so much more about prayer and how I can better myself as a human being.
“GUIDED MEDITATION: Ease Anxiety & Worry.” Youtube , 20 Oct. 2015, www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnnS2-8t59c.
I want to use this multimedia as soon as I can to continue the study and practice of meditation. I suffer from daily anxiety and I have a feeling that this could really help me.
Comments
Post a Comment