- What are some new historical facts related to Jesus that you learned from your own group presentation? Be specific
I learned many new historical facts about Jesus that I never knew before my presentation. I researched about Joseph of Arimathea and how he was related to Jesus through his actions. I already knew who Joseph was and how he gave Jesus his tomb after carrying Him from the cross. However, a new interesting fact I learned was that Joseph was imprisoned for his secret beliefs, and Jesus set him free. Joseph was also the first person to see Jesus rise, which I was unsure of before doing my research. Finally, many sources state that Joseph of Arimathea could have been Jesus' Great Uncle (“The Passion - Articles - Judas”).
2. What are some new historical facts related to Jesus that you learned from the other group presentations? Be specific.
From listening to other groups presentations, I learned historical facts about Jesus I had never heard of. I knew King Herod ordered all boys under the age of two to be killed, however, I did not know that some sources say that Herod went as far to kill his own children in order to stay in power. When Jesus preaching the Sermon on the Mount, I never knew he specifically stated the Beatitudes. When Pontius Pilot made the wrenching decision to condemn Jesus to death, his wife played a role to help assist him in his decision due to her personal beliefs about Jesus. I had never heard of the Shroud of Turin before, and I was so interested in the fact that this cloth could have been Jesus' after he was crucified and buried. Finally, I did not know that one of the thieves taunted Jesus, I always thought that he never made himself known.
3. Which topic related to Jesus’ life did you find to be most fascinating and why?
The most fascinating aspect of Jesus' life was probably the Shroud of Turin. I was so fascinated by this ancient artifact and all of the controversy surrounding it. It is astounding to look at and know the image on the cloth was not painted or otherwise imposed on it. It very well could have been Jesus' actual cloth or a similar 'miracle cloth' that has Jesus's form imprinted on it. With the technology that we have, we learn that it was too new to be in Jesus' time, however, those tests were not perfect. Perhaps we will never know if the Shroud of Turin was really Jesus' or not.
4. After reflecting on Jesus’ characteristics in the last unit and the events related to his life in this unit, who are two people in your life who display similar qualities as Jesus and why?
Two people in my life who display similar qualities to Jesus are my grandma and aunt. They both have been through many years of life and have gained wisdom through both suffering and happiness. They understand their place and life and are able to deliver their wisdom to others. They are generously kind and never fail to make myself and others overwhelmingly happy. They have made a major impact on the lives of people who surround them and are looked to for leadership and compassion. These qualities make them so similar to Jesus through their personal stories, morals, and general kindness. Like Jesus, even after they leave this Earth, they will forever make an impact on other's lives.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdn9c3BvXnM
I really loved this source for my project because it really helped me learn about Jesus of Arimathea. It explained all of the events in a clear, chronological order. This helped me follow along the story much easier and helped me decipher the dense historical texts I used to comb for facts. The visuals were also really helpful, and it related to all of the information I needed to use. If I could find more videos like this one, I definitely believe that it would help me out in different projects.
Comments
Post a Comment