Caroline McCoy
- Prior to this class, what did you already know about Jesus and where did this information come from?
Prior to this class, I had a lot of information about Jesus due to my years in both Catholic Elementary and Middle School, where I learned a lot about Jesus and his Word. I have also been baptized Catholic, so my parents have taught me about Jesus from the beginning. I know that Jesus was sent by God to deliver peace and salvation to the people. He taught parables and gave us morals that govern our everyday lives. He sacrificed His life for us and we should be forever grateful. With this information that I already know, I am excited to learn about Jesus in a deeper understanding.
- What new insights did you gain about Jesus from this unit? How does this change or confirm what you already thought? Be specific.
From this Unit, I allowed myself to think deeper about Jesus and all the names we use for Him. By doing this, I could explore how the names correlate to experiences we go through as Catholics as well as what Jesus went through when he was alive. These different names explore Jesus' life and give an explanation to the multiple instances of His love. This confirmed my already existing beliefs in Jesus. It also changed my thinking of Jesus by looking into the deeper meaning of His many names. Through this Unit, I have explored Jesus' meaning and I look forward to strengthen it in future Units.
- Do you feel that you see Jesus as more of a spiritual figure, a historical figure, and/or both? Why?
Personally, I feel that Jesus is more of a spiritual figure in my life because of his impact throughout my years as a Catholic. Ever since I was little, I prayed to Jesus and He gave my guidance and comfort during difficult times. I am able to count on him for moral guidance. Because of this, Jesus has positively impacted my life spiritually and has always been there for me in times of darkness. When I read the Bible, however, I think of Jesus more historically because it gives detailed accounts of his life. I fell that Jesus represents both, but definitely more spiritually in my life.
- How would you describe your relationship with Jesus?
My relationship with Jesus has always been so strong and I am so grateful for that experience. Through my life, I have always had Jesus by my side and am able to count on him for help and guidance. I have been Baptized, Received Eucharist, Reconciliation, and Confirmed. Through every Sacrament, my relationship with Jesus has grown stronger. I am able to trust my inner thoughts and actions with Him and know I will be comforted. This relationship has definitely guided me through very tough parts in my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6P3zLm6dq0
I really like his video because it simply describe who Jesus is, but is deep enough to want to further explore Him. The visuals are clear and the description is interesting. I think this channel will provide more interesting videos to help me and others learn in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6P3zLm6dq0
I really like his video because it simply describe who Jesus is, but is deep enough to want to further explore Him. The visuals are clear and the description is interesting. I think this channel will provide more interesting videos to help me and others learn in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment